This church covenant is signed by each member upon joining. The covenant is read in unison by the congregation on the first Sunday each quarter at the end of the service. We do not see this as a strict vow members make before a holy God, but view it as a biblical application of body life given in the New Testament for each church assembled together, dependent upon each other and God to live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world.
We who have been called, as we trust, by the grace of God, do in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ voluntarily and jointly separate ourselves from the world and give ourselves to the Lord who has promised to receive us and be our God. We are no longer our own. We promise before God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, trusting in the assistance of the Holy Spirit, to walk together in this our gospel fellowship, as a church of Jesus Christ in love for the Lord and for one another.
We Promise to Glorify God in Holiness of Life
· We will walk in all holiness and humility in order to render our fellowship delightful to God, joyful to ourselves, and lovely to the rest of the Lord’s people.
· We will live in obedience to the moral precepts of Scripture, while recognizing liberty if Scripture has neither required nor forbidden a practice.
· We will use all scriptural means of growing in grace including systematic reading of the Scriptures, consistent private and family prayer, and regular participation in the church.
We Promise to Glorify God in the Church
· We will meet together on the Lord’s Day and at other times, as the Lord shall give opportunity, to serve, savor and glorify God in worship.
· We will strive together for the truths of the gospel.
· We will sustain the doctrines of our church in accordance with our statement of faith, and not hold any settled convictions contrary to it.
· We will keep the unity of the Spirit and avoid causes and causers of undue division.
· We will contribute, as God shall bless us, to the support and ministry of our church by systematic and proportionate giving.
· We will seek the salvation of the lost and hasten the spread of the gospel to all peoples.
· We will recognize and submit to the discipline and authority of the church.
· We will pray that the person of God, through His Spirit, would be manifest among us for the glory and increase of His church.
· We will, if we move from this place, unite with some other church as soon as possible.
We Promise to Glorify God in Our Relationships with One Another
· In love we will stir up one another to love and good works and not allow a brother or sister to continue in sin.
· In love we will pray for one another.
· In love we will bear one another’s burdens.
· In love we will bear with one another’s weaknesses, failings, and infirmities with much tenderness and forgiveness.
· In love we will speak to and about one another that which edifies.
· In love we will seek reconciliation when we have wronged or been wronged by another.
We Promise to Glorify God in Our Families
· We who are heads of families will maintain the worship of God in our homes and will instruct those under our care in words and actions.
· We who are husbands will love and honor our wives.
· We who are wives will respect and be subject to our husbands.
· We who are parents will raise up our children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
· We who are children will obey our parents.
· We who are single will not enter into marriage with any that are unbelievers.
This is the covenant we gladly and humbly submit to, out of fear of the Lord, Whose we are and Whom we desire to serve. To Him be glory now and forever. Amen.